Thursday, March 09, 2006
This last week has left me with very little time to blog and with a bad case of the Grumpies (yes, it's capitalized for a reason).

Here's the high(?)lights:

--My mom, who came up from Florida to take care of my kids while I went to Vegas with my hubby, ended up in the hospital with a nasty case of pneumonia.

--Some of my offspring, who will remain nameless, took advantage of the situation of being left with my stepfather during this time.

--Some of the aforementioned offspring have having truth-telling issues with mom and dad this week.

--Mom and dad managed to pass the crud to my two oldest children who are hacking and sniffling.

--The baby has pinkeye in both eyes, an ear infection, and rampant diarrhea.

--I'm (go figure) having a very hard time pulling together the stuff I need for my "Camp Crop-a-Lot" event that I'm supposed to be at in less than 24 hours.

All this to say, my theme for this week's Thursday Thirteen will be:

Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy,think about such things.

Bless it all, I'm going to count my blessings if it kills me (and it just might, LOL!)



Thirteen Blessings that Heather received this week:



1. Despite everything going on at home, it was amazing to spend an entire morning afternoon all by myself.

2. During said morning, I got to work out, a rare treat these days.

3. I also got a facial, manicure, and pedicure. 'Nuff said.

4. We got last minute tickets to Cirque du Solei's Ka. It was incredible.

5. My Valentine gift, tickets to see Rita Rudner, ended up being in the front row.

6. My husband laughed so hard during the show that he snorted.

7. I laughed so hard that my sides hurt!

8. I widened my horizons by taking the Vegas monorail and exploring the Strip (and the incredible shopping) by myself. This is not like me, and was lot of fun.

9. My church family was so there for me when mom went into the hospital. By the time I got home, both my pastor and elder had visited, and my friend Kim had taken custody of the baby so that Mom's husband could go and sit with her.

10. A certain child's teacher did not let said child get away with the twaddle they tried to pass off as an English assignment during the chaos between grandma going to the hospital and mom and dad flying home. She also graciously let them redo the assignment instead of giving them the failing grade they probably deserved. (Pat on the back to self for not identifying the guilty party, LOL).

11. The baby was officially "graduated" from gastric specialty services at Children's Hospital and, while still on supplements, is off of his proton-pump inhibitors!

12. I found out that my sisters were working very hard to try and fly out to see me on my birthday. It didn't work out, but I felt very loved and cared about all the same.

13. My sweet husband is insisting that I still go on my crop this weekend...prepared or not. Considering that he'll be left to deal with less than healthy children AND have to cover my nursery duty at church, is there any wonder why I think he's the most amazing man on the planet?


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Hmm...that was much easier than I thought it'd be.

Think big cropping thoughts for me this weekend.

Say an extra prayer for my poor household as well!

  posted at 6:44 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hmmmm...one of THOSE weeks!! Praying the weekend goes well for ALL of you.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

oh wow... you poor girl! I hope this last week has been better for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
The birthday boy and I spent the morning running (...
Thirteen Things *very random things*about THIS WEE...
Of course, my sisters could have told you this one...
Confessions of a Soccer Mom
Thirteen Things about my week:1. I took both of my...
When I least expect it...
It's been quite the week for my oldest princess......
This one's for Sooz...
"When in doubt, take a bath." --Mae West
When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sor...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: