Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Not so Wordless Wednesday
Hello, my name is Heather and I'm a Fall-aholic.

Maybe it's because I love all things pumpkin, perhaps because I'm an "Autumn" and look great in the colors of the season, or even that Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday (no gifts to buy, and I love to cook...).

It doesn't matter. I'm addicted. I recognize my problem but refuse to change. In fact, I only shop with my favorite enabler.

"Stop me", I told her as I loaded my arms with a new pumpkin door mat and wreath at Target this weekend.

"Yeah, right" came the sympathetic reply.

Unfortunately, I live in a region where "fall" means that I can go hiking at ten in the morning and not completely melt, just get a nice tan. It's still going to break 100 degrees a few times this week.

So, I'm pushing the season a little. I dragged out the decorations, old and new and hung falling jelly "leaves" on the front window. I've indulged in Coffee Bean's new "Pumpkin Pie" Iced Blended (SO worth the caloric damage). I even got fall hair.

Yes, fall hair...I told you I had a problem.

The jury is still out...I happen to like my highlights, but I'm enjoying the change. I think I'm more enjoying the fact that between some recent (small!) weight loss, the new hair and the fun new specs (which I LOVE), that people I haven't seen in a while are doing a double take.

What do you think?

Happy Autumn! Posted by Picasa

  posted at 11:36 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

The pumkin wreath was a must have, and the rug was too adorable!! I, for one, love the fall hair! But then I am your favorite enabler!! (thus the reason we aren't supposed to SHOP together!! It goes both ways!!) I'm impressed you had time to blog, what with all the time my neurosis has taken out of your last two days!! Thanks for the hand-holding, it means more than you'll ever know!!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I *love* the specs!!!! But can't tell from the pic below about the highlights. Hey... as I've told you before, you are the ONLY woman I know that has gotten HOTTER with each baby. Figure it out, bottle it and sell it. After I buy enough for myself, I'll help you promote it and we'll both be rich!!

Love ya,

Laurie

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Great picture of the three of you...and I love Fall, too (not because I like to cook, though ;-)

Have a GREAT weekend.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

I think you look GREAT in whatever you wear.

Don and David got their tastes in beautiful women-for-wives from me. (I was -- and still am -- totally taken by Mom's looks!)

Love you.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Not so Wordless Wednesday
I've been avoiding blogging this last week...
Thirteen Reasons I'm (still!) in Love with My Husb...
WW: Leggo my Eggo!
Crossing my fingers...'cause I'm an HTML moron...
Wordless Wednesday...A's first birthday!
Seriously Cheap Grace
On Poached Eggs and Patriotism
We interrupt this boulder rolling session...
Wordless Wednesday...the last days of summer

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: