Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Like people didn't know I was weird??
My friend Amy Wallace tagged me today to play "Six Weird Things About Me." Then Sally double tagged me, so I'm giving it a shot in lieu of some of the other posts percolating in my head right now.

1. I love to cook and I hate to throw food away. In fact I get a perverse kick out of creative recycling of leftovers. So far this week, baked apples turned into apple-oatmeal pancakes, and mashed potatoes into potato-asparagus soup. Good thing my kids are (for the most part) cheerful eaters!

2. I hate going to restaurants and paying to eat things like spaghetti that I make all the time anyway! Consequently, we eat out mostly at ethnic restaurants like Japanese and Thai. With our budget right now, we're mostly not eating out!

3. I get weird housekeeping pet peeves. In my last house having the back (glass sliding door) smudged up made me crazy. So, with four kids home all the time, I spent a lot of time cleaning it. So far in this house, keeping up takes so much energy that I haven't developed one yet!

4. One of my favorite lines as a mom is, "We speak standard English in this house". I'm working on eliminating the answer "Yeah?" from my children's vocabulary.

5. No matter how hot it is, I have to sleep with a comforter on the bed. Sheets alone don't have enough "weight" to them for me to relax.

6. I secretly develop crackpot theories. My latest is that no one but me in my house knows how to shut doors, drawers, or closets (especially the linen closet at the top of the stairs). I've also theorized that if I die, my children will walk around with six-inch fingernails and earwax blooming out of their heads in sticky clouds (gross, I know) and slowly go deaf.

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:39 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm there for you on the fingernails and ear wax...

Very interesting list, Heather!!

Hope you're feeling better.

:-) Susan

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

I can't even IMAGINE what my kids would look like if I died...oh, it would be very very scary!! Just the girls hair alone would be, well, hmmmm...the right word escapes me!!

Love you sweetie!!

Sally

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I don't think the comforter thing is weird at all. I absolutely cannot sleep with just a sheet - even when pregnancy hormones are generating Sahara-like temperatures in my body, still need that comforter. Actually, I can relate on pretty much all of this.

Hugs,
Rebekah

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger kt said...

#5!!! YES! THere is a 'perfect weight' that needs to be on the body for soothign sleep... I know it EXACTLY! It doesn't matter if it's hot....everyone knows that's when you just sleep w/ one leg 'out' & one leg 'in'. ;-)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

See Heather! You're not weird at all. :-)

Now the Smurf bathroom TMI stuff...

Thanks for playing the tag game!

Love ya,
Amy

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

LOL Heather!! I need a comforter too!! :-) But I have to admit... I'm pretty much happy to eat anything out if I don't have to fix it or clean it up. Fortunately for our budget--my dh is a wonderful cook :-) ***hey... I had the discipline when I needed to--I'm just glad I don't have to cook too much anymore :-)
Love ya!
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
What was that? Ah yes, it goeth before a fall...
I'm a regular dynamo
More Slacking
As if I needed evidence that my heart was fickle...
Thursday Thirteen
The oddest thing about being in a cancer center is...
A long overdue update
Back to the land of the living.
Christmas Highlights
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: