Monday, November 24, 2008
My brain is still on vacation....Catching up in bullet points.
--Thanks so much to Steve and Laurie for time away. What a blessing to pretty much do nothing for an entire week. A huge shout out as well to the "village" (literally) that made it possible for this mommy to farm out all four kids...and no one missed a homework assignment, soccer/lacrosse/gymnastics event.


--I would post pictures of us in Tennessee, but my husband is hoarding them on his zip drive. Here's one of Theresa (my sweet friend and UF apartment mate) who drove two hours to come and have lunch with me!


--We came home to find our renovations from the great flood done! It took about six hours on Monday, but I can almost put my hands on everything in my kitchen now. That is, until my kids attempt to put the dishes away...
--How can you not love the Internet?!? Thelma and Joy, thanks for taking the time to drop me a note--it made my day! Joy--I'll be in Phoenix in January to sign books and speak and would love to see you then.
--I heart the 'net part two. Who would have thought that a bunch of thirty-somethings would be such Facebook addicts? (We only really keep accounts to monitor our kids, you know!!). I am loving catching up with old friends and got to have supper with my "little brother" from OT school and his lovely wife on Saturday. They live just a short drive away, and we're so looking forward to renewing our relationship with them!
--My girls are gone this week. PP is at her grandparents' in Sarasota. TQ just got on a plane (no longer on unaccompanied minor status--gulp. Am I the only overprotective wuss parent here?). She'll be getting the star treatment from her NY grandparents this week--a celebration of her 13th birthday.
--I'm thinking a lot about gratitude this week. Profound, considering the holiday,right? I'm sure there's a post in there somewhere...
--Looking for something less fluffy? I'm guest posting at my friend Christina's blog this week. Go say hi to her.

  posted at 8:09 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heather, I do have to say you and my sis........LOOK AWESOME! Now if you imagine that picture of Theresa with about 20 more lbs (I am hedging on the low side..LOL) then you see me.....LOL. I am fluffier than she is.

Anyway, she had such an awesome time. It was so good for her to see you. She has a LOT of stress. And girl you are beautiful!

Looking forward to reading more blog stuff. Oh and I am on facebook too, just let me know how to look you up.......I am kind of new to it......LOL.

God bless my friend. Have a great week. Now I am off to feed my munchkins and resisting the temptation to just give them poptarts.........yeah I am tired.....LOL.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

p.s.: Did you and her develop the "twin thang" and give each other a mental memo to wear black sweaters? That is too funny and cute. Yep, great minds think alike. Hugs to all.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Just stopping by to let you know about the Holiday Giveaway on my nativity blog.

Here’s the link:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-giveaway.html
Carrie

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger kt said...

You look great in that pic! Glad you had such an enjoyable time! ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Gone Fishin'
A Sobering Thought On Election Day
And they'll know we are Christians by our love?
Preschool Chronicles
Looking for me?
The Weekend In Bullet Points (In no particular order)
God's Economy
Thursday Thirteen: Choosing to be Thankful
A Guest Post from my Sister
Also newly arrived...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: