Thursday, October 12, 2006
Even though the suggested title for the week was "13 reasons it's NEVER a good time to lose a kidney..."

Thirteen Things about my 11 year old Birthday Girl

1. Her conception was more than a bit of a surprise...one of the things we had promised my dad before getting married was that I would finish my degree, and she was born about 11 months after graduation!
2. I confirmed my suspicions on the day I took my professional boards. Somehow, I still managed to pass.
3. She was my longest labor and the only "medicated" birth I've had.
4. I didn't know her gender, but the second she arrived, we "knew" who she was and had no problems agreeing on her name.

5. She is named after EVERY doll I ever had as a child, and in honor of her maternal grandmother and great- grandmother.
6. She brought joy and focus back to our family after my dad died. We loved to just sit around and watch her!
7. She talked and walked EARLY. She's always been confident, and never afraid to share her mind or her faith with people. I love that about her.
8. She loves, loves, books and learning. She'd read cereal boxes and wallpaper in absence of other suitable material.
9. She's compassionate and exceptionally good with older people. They love her too. She has a wonderful relationship with her "adopted" 82- year old "Mom-mom" and was a huge comfort to her at the time of her "Pop-pop"'s death.
10. She is fearless on the soccer field. (Motto from age 5 "No ladies on the soccer field"). I've seen her take a ball to the face, get up and keep running.
11. She's ambitious and driven (hmm...wonder where that came from?). She WILL finish what she starts, even if she gets frustrated or bogged down in perfectionism (again, where did that come from?).
12. She's in that "girly-girl" tween stage. She may rough and tumble on the field, but she's going to do it with impeccable cookie-dough lip gloss on, thank you very much!
13. She is my right arm at home. I don't know how I'd get through the day without all the things she does to help, from cooking breakfasts to toddler-minding.
Happy Birthday, R!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




  posted at 10:38 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:49 PM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

I remember R's birth story like it was yesterday. I also remember that she came to my party in her very first Halloween costume, that cute little pea pod. Happy Birthday, R!!!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!!! Please give her a huge hug from us. Blessings to you all.

Susan

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!!!!
With love from the Moody's

ss

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

Wow, Heather! This tribute to your amazing Rachel brought tears to my eyes. I love watching moms love their kiddos well.

Happy birthday to Rachel, too!

Love,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Wonderful Wednesday
Not so Wordless Wednesday
Not so Wordless Wednesday
I've been avoiding blogging this last week...
Thirteen Reasons I'm (still!) in Love with My Husb...
WW: Leggo my Eggo!
Crossing my fingers...'cause I'm an HTML moron...
Wordless Wednesday...A's first birthday!
Seriously Cheap Grace
On Poached Eggs and Patriotism

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: