Sunday, October 28, 2007
Sunday Seven
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
--Colossians 3:17

1. As the croupy one and I wandered the aisles of CVS Friday night, the pharmacy clerk glanced at our names in the computer, looked at me, did a double take, and exclaimed, "Mrs. N, you're BETTER!!". I had to laugh that she remembered me...and that she had a hard time recognizing me with hair. It's definitely progress...

2.I was "blessed" with insomnia last night...but got to talk with my best friend on the phone. Sometimes the time difference actually works in our favor!

3.Having to stay home with the "crouplet" means that I'm starting Monday with a clean house, caught up laundry, AND the costumes for Wednesday are hemmed, cleaned and pressed.

4. I realized, for the first time since we moved here, that I was truly unhappy about having to miss church. This is a good thing...we may have found a church home!

5. My tween queen had her Dad stop at Starbucks on the way home from church. She used a birthday gift card to treat me to my favorite (a "no/no/no" pumpkin latte! That would be nonfat,decaf, no whip). In her words, I deserved it because I "was stuck home with the croupy poop"! That's my baby!

6. The Princess is on her way home as I type. She had a wonderful weekend with her Grandparents, Aunt and cousins. We're really getting excited about the blessing of having us all gathered together for thanksgiving for the first time in thirteen years.

7. We sent out emails for the relay. My dh encouraged me to really bump up my goal for fundraising and has offered to do some canvassing. My friends and family have NOT disappointed me. You are all amazing blessings and I'm thankful for not only the donations but the prayers and the "ground support" that my in-laws will be that weekend.

  posted at 2:56 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Wow!!! I checked out your relay page!! That is so awesome!! I was praying from the very beginning that you would raise $300...that's been surpassed and thensome!!!! I don't know if it's gotten there yet but K.F. (the boyfriend's mom) handed me a check for you that I mailed to the address they have on the website so there's that too. I'm so thrilled at the amount you've been able to raise, I'm glad I could play a small part in it!! AND I'm glad you had insomnia the other night because I got to talk to you!!!

Love you sweetie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Crouping it up
Let the Pumpkin Madness Begin
Our county schools are out for a teacher workday t...
Storybook Character Day
I said a bittersweet farewell to my sarcoma specia...
Did you every have one of those days...
The Democrat NASCAR Moment
Warning: Vitriol Ahead. Proceed at Your Own Risk
Sunday Smiles
Friday: The Birthday Bash

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: