Sunday, August 07, 2005
Redeeming the Time
I could sit and sing praise music for hours. It's like a little preview of heaven.

My friend Kim and I met last week to work up songs for our Community Bible Study class. We sang through beautiful old standards, and taught each other some new songs as well. The verse that has stuck with me all week has been this one:

We are a moment, You are forever
Lord of creation, God before time
We are a vapor, You are eternal
Lord everlasting reigning on high
taken from Be Unto Your Name by Gary Sandler and Lynn DeShazzo

Our lives here on earth are so short and they flash by so quickly. Just this week, I've seen the baby sprout his first teeth, my younger daughter make the leap into "really" reading (verses being coerced/bribed by Mom and Dad), my son step out of his sister's shadow and show leadership in his classroom, and my daughter begin to "blossom" into womanhood, necessitating a trip to the lingerie department (insert Mommy's freak-out here). They're growing and changing so fast that I want seasons where I can freeze them in time, just so I don't miss anything.

Obviously, that's not going to happen. Instead, I want to make my time count, to live in and experience the moments I'm blessed with here until I experience the blessing of eternity with the Lord. It's too easy for me to let them slip away under the ever-present tyranny of the urgent. But every day, God is gracious to grow me, and give me more chances to make my time here count.

This week I'm grateful that I...

--Stopped daily and played on the floor with the baby.

--Decided at the last minute to take my nine year old scrapbook with me. She was a great "date"!

--Got to bake communion bread for the church, and cookies for my friends and family.

--Worked, played, laughed and dreamed with my husband.

--Spent time with my son watching his turtle eat and play.

--Started drafting and stopped about a dozen blog entries because someone needed a hug, wanted homework help, was up for a feeding...

I've got a chance right now to color with Princess Piggy. I think I'll wrap this up and grab the moment. I know in a blink, she'll be the one I'm headed to the lingerie department with (sigh...).

  posted at 7:38 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:20 PM, Blogger kt said...

Ain't THAT the truth!?!
Preach it sister! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Happy Girlfriend's Day
Today's Agenda: Review lessons previously taught!
One of my favorite "back to school" memories from ...
Wow!
Tagged AGAIN...
Making a difference
Happiness in Pink and Purple...
In a bid to beat the heat (did I mention our air c...
Rainbows
One of the things on my "to do" list yesterday tha...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: