Friday, July 06, 2007

For my sister, who loves to tease me and tell me, "You should have thought about that before you had four children!" I love you almost as much as you love your nieces and nephews...
Thirteen things I didn't think about before having four children:
1. Vehicle choices are pretty limited. My brain thinks I'm a Prius kind of gal, but it's a minivan or SUV for us (actually, we have both right now).
2. One change of clothing for all of us, on any given day, is at least one load of laundry.
3. Packing an "overnight" bag for the family really means packing a huge suitcase or duffel--plus diapers, baby gear, etc...
4. In reference to #'s 2 and 3, I never thought I would experience appliance lust...but, oh my, the thought of TWO washers and dryers (super capacity, front loading, in one of those pretty designer colors...).
5. Six people can eat a lot of food. Especially when two of them are in training.
6. The more children you have in any given photograph, the more difficult it is to get them all looking at, and smiling at the camera at the same time.
7. I never thought about my brain's amazing capacity for trivia--I can recite from memory a huge selection of children's books ("On Monday, he ate through one apple, but he was still hungry..."), name all of the Sesame Street crew and the American Girls, or give you the back story on the Star Wars series and Bionicle saga.
8. I also never thought I'd be able to keep track of six sets of appointments, schedules, etc...
9. Despite a medical background, I never thought I'd take such personal interest in body products.
10. I never thought about being humbled and awed to the point of tears as I listened to a child first profess faith in Christ.
11. I never thought about the pride and wonderment I'd feel as they grow through their successes and failures.
12. I never really thought about the grace I am apportioned daily. With every child (and every day), I am amazed anew.
13. I never thought about how a heart could grow and expand to love just one more.

  posted at 8:01 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I remember a person (with only one child) once asking me, "HOW on earth can you love more than one??" I told her the best answer I could give.."More doesn't divide your love, it multiplies it!"

I loved your list.

By the way, I've sent you another award...come on over and pick it up when you get a chance.

Hug all the kids for us!

:-) Susan

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger kt said...

I hear ya! lol

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

What a great post!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

I can well identify with all of these Heather!! I think I'll do a TT after the wedding with a list from that day :-)

Love ya,
Laurie

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

It's amazing how God gives us "four child grace" isn't it? I miss your tribe!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Check this out...
Happy Fourth of July!
The buzz...a Self Portrait!
Huh?!?
Sniffle, sniffle
In which the sins of my past catch up with me...
You like me, you really like me!
I'm cheating this week. In honor of fifteen years ...
Happy Anniversary
My friend and old roomie can testify to the fact t...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: