Tuesday, June 26, 2007
My friend and old roomie can testify to the fact that back in our Gator days our dorm room/apartment was never cleaner than during exam week. Straightening and scrubbing seemed "productive" alternatives to the papers we were putting off writing or the studying we needed to do. After all, we were cleaning, right? Not laying out by the pool or cruising the mall.

Not much has changed for me. I've baked and cleaned myself through the last months of four pregnancies (I remember my irritation when my husband made me go to the hospital with our first, leaving the piles of folded laundry on the living-room floor), scrubbed layers of grief off of bathroom floors, and targeted rage at garden sod beds that needed to be turned over (the garden was exceptionally well prepared that year).

My three month check-up is tomorrow, and you could eat off of all of the floors in our house right now. Every bathroom is clean. Surfaces have been dusted. The laundry would be caught up, if the dryer weren't on the fritz. I'm contemplating setting a few pans of bread or getting out the hedge trimmer.


I'll be up and driving to Tampa by 6; drinking contrast by 8. Labs are at 8:30 and the scan at 10. Then the wait to meet with the doctor at 2.

I wonder if they'd let me clean the lobby?

  posted at 2:07 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Hiker Chick said...

LOL because my roommates and I were the same way! (Guess I've outgrown that habit, unfortunately.)

I'll be praying for you to have some great news tomorrow, and that God will bless you with His grace.

Wendi

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

LOL! I still do the "anger/stress relief cleaning" too!!

I'm praying for you, my friend.

{{{hugs}}},
Beck

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Heather:

Stress cleaning, as you know, is not something I deal with. I'm glad things are clean there...wish my house were in Tampa..you could stop by there! :-)

Seriously though, I am praying that all goes well. Please send us an update when you can.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I found you through Susan, who I found through Hiedi and Danielle? YEah, I think that is right. Anyway, I do the same thing. My husband always knows if I am getting sick or have a "feeling" that things are oing to get crazy--I clean. I don't really do it that often other times so it is a big deal. The only time my room or desk got clean in high school and college was when it was time for homework. :)

I don't know the details--haven't read that far back--just the front page, but am praying for you.

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's right -- the house was immaculate.

But . . . .

Grandpa and 4 grands remedied that in short order. :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Here's praying that Grandpa and the 4 grands didn't totally destroy the stress work you got done!! Glad to hear your scan was clean!! Hooray!!
Love you sweetie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Happy First Day of Summer!
You know it's summer when...
Very early on on my mommy career, I remember seein...
Trying to beat the Bloggity blahs
My sister "in love" (like that one, Dad?), Susan, ...
Warning: Shameless plug ahead!
My friend Jess, wrote me the sweetest letter today...
Baby Steps
Watch this space...
If you can't say something nice...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: