Thursday, August 02, 2007
An Open Letter
Dear Mean Person who stole my wallet out of my GROCERY CART at Albertson's today,

First of all, thank you for leaving my children alone.

Secondly, I hope you had lots of fun spending the approximately 73 cents you found in it...oh, and the $9 left on my JoAnn's gift card (maybe you'll scrapbook your theft??). Unfortunately (for you at least) my ATM and credit cards were cancelled within the hour, so you won't have too much luck with them.

As to what you plan to do with a Sam's card, a bunch of frequent shopper club cards, a medical alert card...well, have fun. Ditto for the bald chick ID.

Finally, thank you for giving some people the opportunity to show how decent other humans can be (unlike people who steal). You may be happy to know your little stunt didn't leave my children without food, as the store manager comped everything in my basket. Also, but filing a criminal complaint, I was able to get my ID replaced. For free. Today.

And I'm finally rid of the hated bald chick driver's license. AND I get to shop for a new wallet.

Rest assured, I'll be praying for you as I go through replacing my Sea World passports and other assorted cards. May your future endeavors be equally,um, fruitful.

The Redhead

  posted at 5:20 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Hiker Chick said...

Ugh! So sorry to hear about this! At least you got a new picture for your id. Hope you get everything else taken care of quickly.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Susan said...

How very frustrating! Will pray that replacement continues to go without a hitch.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Probably some stupid kid who wanted a free RedBull and couldn't even buy that!! Geez!! I hope all goes well with getting replacement whatever's. Thanks for your email today...it made me cry!
Love you!!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Sorry about your loss. My cell phone was recently stolen off the table at Starbucks so I know how frustrating it can be. I still haven't entered back into the new phone the gazillon numbers I must have. LOL

I love your spirit though and the way you're able to make something funny out of it.

Glad you're back at blogging...you've been missed.

Hugs!
Kat

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Oh Heather!! I'm sorry to hear about this! I guess it will be one more story for Trevor to tell when he gets home..... {{{{HUGS}}}}

Love you,
Laurie

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

As usual, you have managed to put a humorous spin on something that would have left most of us just plain steaming mad. I SO admire your attitude! Glad to have you back blogging.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry that happened! You have an amazingly good attitude about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Beautiful
Well, DUH....
Happiness Is...
A Meme to Drool Over
Thank you
Want to make a difference?
For my sister, who loves to tease me and tell me, ...
Check this out...
Happy Fourth of July!
The buzz...a Self Portrait!

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: