Thursday, August 09, 2007
Thursday Thirteen














Sheesh. A girl can't even feel sorry for herself when:







1. Laurie writes such a sweet tribute! (The graphic is for you, Mrs. M!) Although, just for the record, me telling you that you looked beautiful had NOTHING to do with your dress size and everything to do with how you were glowing that afternoon!

2. All the school supply shopping is done for all three school age kids!! (Okay, the older ones still need to pick out their backpacks, but that's no big deal).

3. My in-laws resupplied me with wheat berries. There will be a bread run to Sarasota soon! (but not until the heat wave breaks!)


4. I haven't had to clean up a poop accident all week. (If you don't have a toddler, I'll just tell you, this is a wonderful thing). Hooray for the two-year-old!

5. My grandmother sent a belated monetary gift for our anniversary. With my cards waiting to be replaced, it was nice to have the cash to treat Trevor and Josh to a day at Wonderworks and a yummy dinner.



6. These were calling out my name while shopping at Target. I chose not to resist the urge to add a little beauty to my day. (I did cough, cough, um, "frugally" use a recycled vase!)






7. I can smile even when I toss stuff in the trash. My husband remember that I've coveted this on several trips to Morganton, and he had Steve stop on the way home from the groom's breakfast to buy one for me. He even had them go to another storeroom to find one in a finish I would like. Who knew a trash can could be so romantic?


8. I finished this in more than enough time for my sister's friend's baby shower. It was nice to do something for this young lady, who sent me dozens of beautiful scarves and a care package during my first round of chemo in Los Angeles...even if working with the furry orange fabric made my bedroom look like a Muppet crime scene (think Fargo---but put Zoe from Sesame Street in the wood chopper!)



9. We have a CARPOOL for daughter #1's soccer training. This is huge, as she won't have her driver's license until the second semester of her senior year of high school. Her new team trains close to 45 minutes away, so this will save me hours and hours of commute time this year.


10. The kids are back in piano lessons, and we love their new teacher. She even recommended a piano tuner to us...thank goodness, because moving a piano from the desert to the swamp is more than a little hard on the instrument, and on our ears as well.


11. The piano teacher's daughter is an absolute doll...AND she's willing to babysit for us. Oh happy, happy day. I'm not sure what we can afford to do once we actually pay her, but it might be worth it just to sit in the car and hold hands!


12. Saturday is Girl's Day Out in Tampa. My mom, sisters, and I are taking the 'tween shopping for some 8th grade-worthy clothing. With all of that backup, she doesn't have to worry about mom being totally uncool.


13. Despite the miserable weather (ugh...it's NOT a "dry heat" here!) we have functioning air conditioning in the house and cars AND my family doesn't mind endless salad based meals (Chinese chicken slaw, pasta salad, Greek salad and hummus) AND Sonic has happy hour every day (Half price slushes, kids!).















  posted at 9:09 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Hiker Chick said...

Hope you had an excellent Saturday! Sounds like fun! I'm glad you have some things to be thankful for. (Sorry for ending a sentence with a preposition!)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sallie said...

sounds like a good list... I thankfully don't have children that poop in the house but the dog still does on occasion if we aren't paying close enough to his signals that he needs to go out. I've learned when he comes and sits at my feet and jumps a bit (kinda like a kids pee pee dance) that I better get a move on with getting him outside..LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Putting one foot in front of the other
They've been married a WEEK!
Despite the unsold house, petty theft, potty train...
An Open Letter
Beautiful
Well, DUH....
Happiness Is...
A Meme to Drool Over
Thank you
Want to make a difference?

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: