Monday, September 24, 2007
Ora Et Labora
Translated, "pray and work", it's the Benedictine motto and the first phrase my children memorized in their study of Latin.

It also describes my frame of mind these days. Wednesday is check-up time. Again.

It's probably a sign of rude good health that I can see a day at Moffitt as an unplesant interruption of my week's routine. But I also see it as the end of my summer's reprieve. For three whole months I've been able to declare myself "well" and go about the business of living my life. Now I get to wait (and it is an all day process) and see if the label still applies or if another trip to chemoland is warranted.

So I pray.

I don't pray that the scans come out clean--God already knows the outcome of that one. I simply pray for grace to walk out whatever He has determined, in a manner that ultimately brings glory to Him. Don't get me wrong. Being sick again ranks right up there in the "things I NEVER want to happen" file. I just know that the plan for my life has already been determined and that I can't alter a day.

I also work.

My house is shiny, the Tween Queen bedroom is a funky aqua and chocolate haven, the refrigerator is full of meals for my time away, and my sewing machine has turned out goodies for several loved ones (Meredith and Beck, your packages are on the way!).

As I work, I find it's easier to pray. Together, work and prayer become my tonic...and I am truly anxious for nothing.

  posted at 3:47 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You know I'm praying for you.

{{{Hugs}}},
Beck

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

We're praying here...Keep us posted.

Love,

Susan

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

I'm praying here too on the almost West coast!! Ben and Carole have you on their prayer list too!! I sort of kind of in a very small way know how nerve wracking it must be so I'm praying hard for calm and peace...do you get results right away or do you have to do the hurry up and wait dance??

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

We've been praying fervently here.
Lots of LOVE and HUGS,
Laurie

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Praying for your peace and strength. Just don't wear yourself out in the working and praying! And thank you, once again, for bringing Him such glory, even in this time of "waiting to know." {{{HUGS}}}

In His Love,
Niki

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

Wow, the flak jackets are awesome. How in the world do you get so much accomplished??? THANK YOU!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

Hope all went well yesterday. You are in our thoughts! Love, M and Miss K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Thirteen reasons I love, love, love the fall: 1. ...
The Hair Watch
Mutual Blessings
Photo Friday Part 5: Odds and Ends
Photo Friday Part 4: The Kids' Bathroom
Photo Friday Part 3: Welcome to the Swamp
Photo Friday Part 2: The Princess Sleeps Here
Photo Friday--Part 1: The little guy's room
Kind of like HGTV
A big "Thank You"...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: