Sunday, December 30, 2007
Week in review
Well, as one might surmise from the appalling lack of posts, the last of '07 has been a whirl of gaiety in our little corner of the world.

Not too long after our Universal adventure with Mike and Heather, Steve and Laurie arrived with most of their crew to celebrate the holidays with us (yippee!). Because I'm lazy, and because Laurie has much better camera that I (trying hard not to covet), you can see us getting crazy at the Mouse House and Downtown Disney here. Some members of our church family blessed us by hooking both families up with park-hopper passes for the day.

This was NOT the type of company that starts to get "fishy" in three days...we loved having our friends here and were not ready to have them leave. Steve even encouraged Dave to clean up the landscaping in our front yard...Merry Christmas to me!

One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was getting the opportunity to sing one of my favorite duets, "A Strange Way to Save the World", during Christmas Eve service. Because I was too sick and exhausted to sing last year, it had been almost two full years since I had been able to make that kind of offering in church. It was a triumph and a blessing...as was being able to not base my Christmas outfit on the hat or scarf I had to match.

The Moodys hit the road Thursday, and so did I...but this time to St. Pete to spend the night with my sister. We cleaned out her closets (part of my gift to her), and caught a movie. I then swung by Tampa and grabbed my nephew for an overnight with the cousins.

My other sis came Saturday to pick up my nephew. Her in-laws came over as well for an Italian feast that we tried out from a Rachel Ray cookbook I got for Christmas. Not to be completely annoying, but YUM-O...stick enough butter and cheese on anything and you've got a recipe for dinner party success.

The tree came down today...along with everything else. We still need to clean before we have company over to see in the new year tomorrow night, but we'll be able to spend New Year's Day in Sarasota without the holiday tear down hanging over our heads. The TQ and I headed out on a "date" to relieve the melancholy of our suddenly naked house. Thai food, a movie and coffee, not to mention her company, made for a great evening. It makes me look forward to the day that she's not just my daughter, but my friend as well.

I'm not sure how we'll ring in the new year tomorrow night, but you can bet it'll be better than my adventures in toxic chemotherapy last year. Talk about your hangovers...

God is good. All the time.

Happy New Year.

  posted at 9:51 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Saw the pics over at Laurie's today. Looks like you all had a fabulous time!

Will you be here more than one day?

Sooz

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

I SO totally NEED a THING 1 through THING 4 set of shirts for my grimlins!!! WHERE did you get them??? (scratching my head and wondering if I can get my TQ to wear it even for a picture...) They are SO CUTE!!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Heather,
We keep talking about how wonderful our trip was--and how much we MISS Y'ALL!! Back in the swing of things in a huge way, but relishing every little memory of our trip to see you. The best Christmas ever--we all agree!

Love you,
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Thursday Thirteen: Virtual Gifts Edition Gifts I...
Wordless Wednesday
I'm glad someone appreciates my talents
There's not many presents under the tree this year...
She got Bibbiti Bobbity Boo-ed!
Kitchen Elves
It's official...
Pray for Kate
Kinda Wordless Wednesday
A Cancer Whine

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: