Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Time Vortex
I forgot that while VBS can be a blessed respite for summer weary mamas, for those of us who walk in the door and notice the church has a shortage of volunteers, AND just "happen" to have to talk to the volunteer coordinator about placing her son as a youth aide...( you get the picture)VBS can turn into a huge time consumer.

This turn of events surprises exactly NO ONE who knows me well. Honestly, I need a "stop me before I volunteer" t-shirt.

My inability to see anyone floundering around in need of help and not step in aside, I'm having a great time. I didn't get to go to VBS as a kid, and I'm enjoying seeing my kids enjoy "Outrigger Island". The sets are fabulous, the program well organized (music to my OCD little ears). I love helping my group of third graders with their crafts and watching them worship. I also love watching Eeyore Jr. work with the younger kids...he's delightfully patient with them It doesn't hurt that Mama working there means that my little guy gets to "play with friends"...something he requests daily.
"Bible School" and "Play with friends" made in into the thank you section of last night's bedtime prayers.

Oh, and did I mention the soccer monster has awakened from its all too short "summer" hibernation (hah!). More miles on the minivan.

Please pray for "K" this week. She's our little "sandpaper" kiddo in the group. Grandma brings her and it sounds like her home situation is less than ideal. God has blessed me with lots of opportunities to see the beauty in K this week and to be able to speak encouragement to her (hooray!) but she still has a rough time in more quiet activities and we want to be able to really love her up this week.

  posted at 5:12 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:58 AM, Blogger David said...

Which design do you like best?

http://shop.cafepress.com/design/8257612

http://shop.cafepress.com/design/9492893

-dh

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still telling people the story of how David was "Father Christmas" for our VBS that one year...and how you trekked from the other side of town each day for the kids to be there...you guys are awesome volunteers--and it's never "OK, I guess, if you can't find anyone else." It's always a cheerful, happy, generous response to filling a need. Inspiration, I tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
It's Tough to be the Princess
Following the Rabbit Trails in my Brain...Top Chef...
Weekend Wrapup and a Peek at our Crazy Summer
Isn't She Lovely? Eighth Grade Dance Pics
Gotcha!
Gratuitous Birthday Boy Photo Fest
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday
For My TQ, as she preparest to graduate Eighth Grade
It's nice to know the mortgage will be paid next m...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: