Monday, August 18, 2008
And, they're off!


EJ was the first to leave the house this morning. Thanks to county budget cuts, his middle school starts at the crack o' dawn (the old high school start time). I'm SO thankful for his mellow temperament. Besides rolling with the EARLY bus appointment, he was also one of the 150 or so kids at his school whose schedules were "eaten" in a computer glitch this morning. He spent most of the day in the media center, contentedly reading waiting his turn. He finally made it to his assigned class the last half of the last period of the day! Since he's not always one to look on the bright side, I was surprised when he pointed out to me that "at least I got all the classes I asked for!"




The Princess was in a dilemma about what earrings to wear this morning. Luckily, her big sister was ready to step in with some fashion advice and a loaner pair. She had a great first day of third grade, got the teacher she had been praying for, and reports that she LOVES science lab.


It was also a good first day of high school for the TQ. She has people she knows in all of her classes and lunch. When did she get to be old enough to go to high school?? When did I get old enough to be mommy to a high school student, a middle school student, an elementary school student, AND a preschooler?

Actually, I can't claim the preschooler for a few more days. He was supposed to start tomorrow morning (and boy did I hear about it all day today), but thanks to Faye knocking at the door of our state, all of the kids are out of school tomorrow. Dh is telecommuting as well to avoid driving in the mess that is sure to be coming our way.(We're not in the path of the storm right now,but we're expecting lots of collateral winds and rain). Think dry thoughts for us.

  posted at 6:58 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Mother Superior said...

Rachel looks like Sarah's beautiful kid sister. She is so grown up!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

What a gorgeous group of people at your house. I can't even really say "kids" anymore, with the TQ getting all grown up! I still remember when she was born...And I'll think dry thoughts for ALL of us!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I agree - what a gorgeous group of kids.

Did you manage to stay dry-ish? My mom and dad survived it all with the phones being knocked out, but maintaining power. I thought dry thoughts for you!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Wow! What happened to that sweet little two and a half year old that came to my house in pull-ups?? WHERE DID THE TIME GO?!

She's gorgeous!! Hannah looks way too old as well. Josh is still Josh a little taller...so funny...And Zuma just looks way to big for preschool!!! WE miss you guys so much!!!! I'll try to push some of the 114 degree sunshine your way!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
I should be writing about my weekend, or the first...
Where are that child's parents, and what ARE they ...
Another clean scan...
Some Photos from Mexico
Me? Guilty about going on vacation and leaving my ...
With permission from my pastor
More about what I want to do when I grow up
Strap yourselves in...it's going to be a LONG post
Just alert enough to really process today's sermon...
The worst kept secret ever...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: