Monday, February 09, 2009
It's that time again

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
It was not me who gave into the incessant chatter of her three year old a let her child pick a treat off the shelf to take home while on the phone with Laurie to witness it (and laugh her butt off). Neither one of us seasoned moms would ever fall for that ploy from our cute babies.
It was also certainly not me who compromised on my lifelong hatred of the golden arches and booked my soon to be four year old's birthday there, simply because I a) wanted to have the party on a preschool day to make it easier for his classmates to come, b)didn't want to deal with set/clean up and/or pay $150 to rent the rec room at the park, and c)it was a HUGE deal at $6/per guest. Nope I'd never stoop to feeding my son and his friends utter crap just to make my life a littler easier.
It was not me who was the crazy soccer mom who has now purchased contact lenses for not one, but TWO of her offspring, not for reasons of vanity, but because Rec Specs fog up too badly on the pitch. It also wasn't me who drove to three different sports shops trying to replace the beloved keeper pants that my daughter finally wore the knees out on before Saturday's games. And it really wasn't me (it was my husband!) who ended up purchasing them 75 miles away from our house. (To our credit, it's the town he works in). It's also me who allowed her rather comely 13 year old daughter to take a spot on a U14 BOYS team this season and who is utterly delighted at how respectfully the boys treat the two girls on the team (and how happy the girls are with the more intense level of play).
It was not me (or my husband) who spent the weekend in two different counties for round one of Region Cup, and we certainly didn't require the rescue of a third adult home on leave from the Navy (thanks Amanda!) to take our most middle of children off to a birthday party so that she wouldn't later require "non soccer child" therapy.
It would never be me who accused her 7th grader of both" linguicide"and not having English as his native tongue as I helped edit his oration lat night.
It wasn't me who's decided that having her father-in-law's favorite bread ready to go was more important than having a sparkling bathroom for him to clean up in. It's also not me who's so double booked tomorrow that her father-in-law has to come and stand in line for preschool registration for her while her son has his braces applied AND she skips out on the Father-Daughter dance committee at school.
Finally, it is decidedly not me who will go to speech in my flour covered workout gear if I don't finish my lunch and get off of the computer right now. I would never be such a poor time manager.

Happy Monday!

  posted at 12:27 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nope it is not me either who would ever give in to preschool ploys.....and it isn't me who is letting her dear 2 year old have raisin bread toast with cream chees on it for lunch....simply cause it is "easier"...nope can't relate a bit......LOL.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Heather, I love your crazy life. And it was no problem to bring Hannah into town for her party. Anytime. Loved being able to catch up with you guys this weekend and miss you already!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
A few Cancer Rants for a Rainy Monday
Evidently, you can go home again
Wordless Wednesday: Rock On!
This is a great idea! I always appreciate a good...
Happy New Year
Emilie didn't get to spend Christmas with her husb...
Typing through tears
The good news
I have half a dozen posts piled up in my drafts fo...
Better late than never: Just a Smattering of Grati...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: