Monday, February 16, 2009


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Just for the record, this week it wasn't me who:
--Got so disgusted with the dad at the Father-Daughter Dance who spend over 20 minutes on his Crackberry while his daughter wandered around that I started shooting photos of him in the hopes of guilting him into putting the stupid thing away already. Such behavior would have been totally beneath me.
--Was in total agreement with my husband when he was rather firm in insisting that our three year old finish his breakfast Saturday morning. After all it was his favorite. I also totally did not share in the parental guilt when said child hurled his breakfast all over my van 15 minutes later.
-- Ran out to the eye doctor with the TQ and left my knight to clean up the mess.
--Wished, more than once as the child threw up three more times in the next few hours (twice more in a vehicle) that I was on the beach in Mexico.
--Has a child who, despite the fact that she knew that company was staying in her room, didn't make her bed, and while she can put both soccer and lacrosse balls into goals from 18 yards, didn't see fit to actually get the trash into her receptacle, preferring her floor. My children are much better trained than that.
--Breathed a huge sigh of relief when her son's team missed the semi-finals at Disney by a very small margin. I'm always supportive of his coach and would never, never say that the boys have been overworked and over scheduled lately, or say out loud that our exhausted and illness-depleted squad should have passed on this one.
--Allowed her almost 4 year old to order mac and cheese for breakfast in the hopes that he would eat.
--Traded dinner out with her family for a blissful 90 minutes to myself last night. I would never put myself before my family :-).
Finally, it's not me who plans on thoroughly enjoying every minute of her family's holiday doing a whole lot of nothing (except perhaps trying this recipe). Hope your day's just as nice.

  posted at 11:18 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

my kids can't seem to find the trash can or the toy box for that matter.....sigh.

as for eating issues.........some days I'd walk hot coals to get my son to eat IF it wold work........sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
My Boys are Growing Up!
It's that time again
A few Cancer Rants for a Rainy Monday
Evidently, you can go home again
Wordless Wednesday: Rock On!
This is a great idea! I always appreciate a good...
Happy New Year
Emilie didn't get to spend Christmas with her husb...
Typing through tears
The good news

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: