Sunday, October 29, 2006
Call me stubborn...
...but I find myself very lacking in patience these days when it comes to my own physical limitations. In light of the many sweet and overprotective people in my life and the fact that God has already numbered my days and I can't do a think to shorten or lengthen them, I've compiled a list of things that I refuse to give up while I still am physically capable.

-- My physical relationship with my husband. Enough said (blush, blush...).

--My children. I love to watch them, to teach them, and to engage with them. Dragging through the afternoon and evening is worth every moment when I get to watch the dancing, the goal scored, or their performance with the church choir.

--My friends and family. I never want to isolate myself from such a loving circle--even if I've occasionally avoided the phone lately, it's not because I don't love them, it's just because I haven't been in the mood to rehash the latest developments.

-- Service. It brings me such joy, and there is always something I can do, no matter how limited. This week it was baking for the harvest festival cake walk (with my older children) and face painting (sitting down the whole time, LOL!). I wouldn't have missed all the fun.

-- My doula clients. God bless her, my last one brought in two people to do the "heavy lifting" part of her support, but still had me there to suggest, support, and direct. She even arranged for my transportation. Yes, the two days with her required close to three of recovery and it was worth every extra ache and pain. Each birth is a miracle...I can't imagine anything more life affirming or joyous.

On the other hand, there are things I could easily get used to:

-- I love my cleaning ladies. While I know that being able to clean my own house will signal the welcome return of my strength, I can't get super excited about dusting and cleaning our toilets when they do such a great job!

--I haven't been asked to volunteer for anything since this all happened. I get to be very choosy in what I do, and there is NO guilt.

-- Grocery shopping. I've never been a fan of it (too many morning-sickness episodes in the stores) and it's been lovely to have my mom do it.

I guess it's all about counting the costs. Right now, I'm just counting the days until I'm allowed to drive again. I'm having flashbacks to being fifteen, but without a learner's permit!

  posted at 10:35 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

LOL! I'm right there with ya on the cleaning thing!! Though I find great satisfaction in arranging, organizing and cleaning, I could easily give it up. I'm not, however, willing to pay the price you did.

Almost called you last night late... had a very late mail run. Did you know that if you take mail to the big city from which mail is circulated most will let you get it to their loading dock by midnight and it is still delivered the next day.... yep... did a mail run to the closest very big city last night. Got home at 1:30 a.m. Let's see... 6 days left! :-)

SMOOCH!! Love ya!!!
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
On my heart
Thirteen Blessings that have come out of the last ...
Wordless Wednesday: Thank You, Laurie!
Since I'm stuck sitting on my tush...
Even though the suggested title for the week was "...
Wonderful Wednesday
Not so Wordless Wednesday
Not so Wordless Wednesday
I've been avoiding blogging this last week...
Thirteen Reasons I'm (still!) in Love with My Husb...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: