Monday, March 26, 2007
Q: What's worse than round 5 of chemo?
A: Recovering from round 5 of chemo.

While managing (barely) to stay at home this time, my energy levels have been so low that by Friday all I had the energy to do was cry (and couldn't manage to stop). My mom and her hubby had mercy on me and came down early for my birthday "celebration" that was Saturday.

It ended up being a lovely birthday. We had a lunch picnic at the soccer fields (both teams won--horray!) with Mom and Mr. B, as well as my sister and her family, then a family party at home complete with kid-created malted-milk cupcakes. I got some beautiful gifts from family and friends close and far away.

For someone who continues to struggle with measuring my "worth" with what I can check off my list rather than fully grasping the truth that my worth is only found in my salvation by grace through faith, the recovery weeks are not just physical battles, but deeply mental and spiritual ones. I'm so grateful for my dedicated prayer warriors and continue to covet all of your prayers as the last round is (barring yucky blood counts) scheduled to begin on Saturday afternoon.

On the upside--adreneline is a miracle. Despite barely feeling human for two weeks (I'm beginning to feel better today), I got an amazing birthday present. My friend Meredith delivered an absolutely gorgeous baby girl at 11:48 pm that night...and I was able to doula for her. It was an amazing lift (as always) to be part of something so special. Baby K will remain my favorite birthday memory for years to come.

In other" doula "news, my friend Amy's "baby" is officially due on the 16th of April, but some of us were lucky enough to see her in advance. If you enjoy excellent Christian fiction, get out there and read Ransomed Dreams. This book was the reason for at least one night of insomina last week, as I could not put it down! I'm getting more and more excited about being able to go to her book launch party...

The kids continue to plug along, and Little Guy is out of his "Elmo Leg" and into a "boot". As usual, nothing slows him down (smile).

I'll try not to fall off the end of the blogosphere again. Thanks to all who have called/emailed to check in.

  posted at 4:35 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

I'm praying for you, dear friend!

Thank you so much for adding my "baby" to your doula news! You can definitely say you helped give birth to this book through your faithful prayers and years of encouragement. Thank you doesn't express enough how full my heart is and how blessed I am to call you my friend. YOU are heart chocolate to me!

Love,
Amy

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Praying for you! We all prayed for you at the AWANA leaders meeting tonight. Everytime we have a meeting someone always asks me how you are doing. You are loved and missed.

Love,
Sally

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Mary Jo said...

Praying for your strength and speedy recovery girl. God be with you!

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Heather, just got on your blog and read some. the kids look great. I can't believe how they have grown. The kids, mom, and I pray for you, Dave, and the kids often. It was good to hear your voice today. You are always there when I need to talk or ask for prayer. I know you are glad that chemo will soon be over. I hope they find something to ease the discomforts for the next one. You are and always will be in my prayers. Tell all the kids hi for me and to my fellow pig lover a special oink oink(LOL) I still look fondly at the pictures of my trip to AZ and truly am thankful for the time I spent there. I love looking at your kids beautiful faces and remembering the fun we had and the things they showed me. Tell Dave I said hi. Call me anytime I don't mind what time. Love always TT

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Heather,

I know you're in this "last round"...and we're praying for you. I nominated you for a blogging award when you feel better. Your posts have really been very insightful and candid as you've recorded this journey.

Blessings.

Susan

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers your way today. You are heavy on my heart.
Love, Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Well, blogger just ate a long and reflective post....
A Guest Blog...With Some Editorial Comments
Wordless Wednesday
Ouch!
You like me, you really like me!
It's been blessedly quiet here on the chemo ward. ...
Having a bad hair day?
The number of true friends I have been blessed wit...
Like people didn't know I was weird??
What was that? Ah yes, it goeth before a fall...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: