Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Flotsam and Jetsam
We got hit hard with a short-lived but nasty stomach bug the other night. Both boys and mom came down with it, and thanks to chemo (the gift that keeps on giving) mom is s-l-o-w-l-y dragging around the house today, bleaching all of the bathrooms.


The dizziness, nausea, and weakness are oddly reminiscent of my chemo days. I'm just thankful that this will pass quickly, and that I get to keep my hair. OH, and that this time around I'm bright enough to actually communicate to my husband that I need help! He was nice enough to come home yesterday and do the kid pickup/soccer run/dinner thing. He had even started packing lunches by the time I staggered down the stairs this morning. What a guy.


We're plunging into the fall whirlwind. Today we double up on lessons (piano and gymnastics), tomorrow the little guy and I have a hot date to see Sesame Street Live with my college friend and her son, this weekend is a soccer tournament. Next week we have a chorus concert, the regular kidstravaganza schedule AND a party fit for a Tween Queen. Pictures to follow, of course. I'm thinking now is the time to do some serious freezer cooking/crock pot planning or we'll be eating out for the next ten or twelve days.


I'm a bit worried about the type of company I'm keeping these days. One of my dear friends (who shall remain nameless) locked herself in her garage today. Sheesh, what some moms will do to find some time alone. I'm wondering how I can manage that one, but waiting for cooler weather....


Finally, how cute is this? The pictures so do not do it justice, but this is the centerpiece my sister and I crafted for her friend's baby shower. Move over Martha.


Yes, those are real flowers and real cupcakes. We set it up on my sister's very lovely cake stand, and now I'm debating whether I "need" a cupcake stand or a cake stand more!

  posted at 2:29 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

Beautiful!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The flowers are gorgeous. I hope all of you are feeling better now. It's no fun being sick that's for sure.

Hugs,

:-) Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
No, he didn't really need a nap...just ask him.
Photo Friday: Redecorating Redeaux
Thirteen mercies, big and small. 1. My CT scan w...
I'd pull my hair out, but I know from experience h...
Ora Et Labora
Thirteen reasons I love, love, love the fall: 1. ...
The Hair Watch
Mutual Blessings
Photo Friday Part 5: Odds and Ends
Photo Friday Part 4: The Kids' Bathroom

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: