Sunday, June 10, 2007
Trying to beat the Bloggity blahs
A weekly meme for giving thanks and/or for noting important events in our lives.
Thanks, Susan...and remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
1. We celebrated my father-in-law's birthday this week by actually gathering all eight grandchildren in one room! It's such a blessing to be within a reasonable drive from family. Have carrot cake, will travel!
2. Sometimes, it's the little things that count. I absolutely love having enough eyebrow/eyelash regrowth to wear makeup again.
3. My dh and I spent most of Saturday hanging things on the walls of our home. It was yet another small step in truly settling in and making this our home, not just a new house.
4. Our youngest qualified for developmental services through the state. After an almost six month hiatus, he'll be starting speech on Monday. We're delighted, but will probably miss him saying "GO!" for "milk" and "BAA!!" for "up".
5. After swimming lessons on Friday, two other moms (who I had only chatted with briefly before) invited my brood and I to have lunch with them. As I was leaving to pick up some $5 pizzas, I realized that my neighbor was at the pool as well, and offered to grab some pies for her as well. "Would you like to join us?" can be one of the sweetest phrases.
6. My husband did a Y*hoo search for "church" plus our zip code. He found a local church pastored by a church friend from his college days. We enjoyed visiting there today and the welcome was the warmest we've received at any church visited so far.
7. After church, we went to grab lunch and ran into a single lady we had heard testify in church that morning. We greeted her, and then went to our table to eat. When it was time to pay, the waitress informed us that our bill had been taken care of...by the young woman! We were overwhelmed by her kindness and can't wait to get her contact information to write to her and let her know how much she encouraged us.

  posted at 8:01 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:05 PM, Blogger squirrelgirl said...

YAY for the speech therapy! I'm glad things are coming together for you, slowly but surely. Hang in there, friend!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

I wish we were still within reasonable driving distance from our "heart" family. We sure miss you guys...I'm glad you're settling in...I can't wait to come visit so we can see your new digs.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Heather, We enjoyed our visit! I love doing the Sunday Sevens! Your "church story" is wonderful--maybe you've "found it". And you know the lunch story really fits my neighbor post earlier this week. We have to MAKE these opportunities, don't we??

Love,

:-) Susan

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved my DIL's and Wife's "sneakiness" in getting all 8 grands down for my bday.

Heather, please keep making that carrot cake!

Love,

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
My sister "in love" (like that one, Dad?), Susan, ...
Warning: Shameless plug ahead!
My friend Jess, wrote me the sweetest letter today...
Baby Steps
Watch this space...
If you can't say something nice...
It is finished
Q: What's worse than round 5 of chemo?
Well, blogger just ate a long and reflective post....
A Guest Blog...With Some Editorial Comments

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: