Monday, August 27, 2007
Monday, Monday...OR Swiping Susan's Weekend Window Idea
How can I be so tired when it's only 9:15??

Soccer madness began this weekend with our son's in-house tournament in the hideous mugginess that Floridians call "summer". He had two games on Saturday, one of which was stopped at the half because of severe weather and rescheduled for the next morning.

In between shuttling back and forth to the pitches, we managed to "squeeze" in repainting the upstairs bathroom, and trips to Wal-Mart and Home Depot. As I waited for games to start, I furiously sewed buttons on a cheap valence. By some DIY magic, it's now one of the cutest window treatments ever. You've got to love redoing an entire room for under $100. Viva Wal-Mart and IKEA. Our oldest helped manage the younger siblings, baked some delish pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and was taxied to a youth group social.

Sunday morning we put the now "100 Acre Sky" bathroom back together. Hubby and most of the kids headed off to church; the super-goalie and I were back to the soccer fields for the second half of the rescheduled game. (A brief rant: I HATE when I'm forced to choose between our value of attending corporate worship and our value of loyalty/active participation. I KNOW this was a reschedule, but do you think it could have been done to accommodate the fact that over half of our soccer team practices some sort of faith??). We went back and forth to two more games, the second of which (supposedly the final) the coaches agreed to cancel because of severe weather. We weren't ten minutes down the road when we got the call that the club director overrode the coach's agreement and called us back for a seven o'clock final. Which they played in the pouring rain. I'm happy to report that they won.

I'm not quite as happy that between running kids to AWANA and winning this tournament, we ended up grabbing a very late dinner, which led to an unusually rough Monday morning. (Think forgotten homework, impromptu teacher conferences, and a 2 year old who thinks he should drive...not to mention lots of STUFF that Mom needs to move from Point A to Point B).

All of this begs the question, WHY am I drinking decaf this morning???

I'm off to start a pot of the real stuff. And more laundry.

Happy Monday.

  posted at 9:18 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Sallie said...

I love coffee, even decaf! I too hate having to choose between game or church. That is actually one of the reasons we gave up football this year. We promised it would never interfere and by our third year into it, it was interfering too much.

God bless,
Sallie

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Uhhh, so frustrating, but it sounds like you handled everything with grace as usual=) Praying for a peaceful evening and Tuesday, too. We are muddling through things as usual, but praying as we go. Love and miss you all.

In HIS love,
Niki

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

LOL!! And add to that 2 hours at the Sprint store!! It keeps getting better. You need to push the reset button!!

It was great talking to you today. The scan was boring, I still know nothing...I'll let you know when I do.

Love you!!
Sally

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I know exactly WHY you're tired. I hope you have some "down time" this week. I am afraid that we have the church/game dilemma this weekend. It seems M's games will be in Tampa...2 on Saturday and one on Sunday. Not sure about A's games yet. UGH!!

:-) Susan

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

I don't know what your problem is with the 2 year old wanting to drive. After all, he does have a "car bed" at grandma's/grandpa's house!!

:)

Love

Dad

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hey!! I have a present for you over at my place. Come on over and get it when you can.

Hugs.

Susan

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger kt said...

pictures....pictures? You CAN'T brag about a DIY project & NOT post pix!!!! ;-)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

Hope you enjoyed your caffeinated coffee! ;-)

Also wanted to let you know I talked about you in my blog today... all nice, I promise!

http://peek-a-booicu.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sally Datria said...

I blogged about you too...we're trying to pull you out of cyber doldrums!!

http://sdatriasblog.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
Cute but not too bright...
Moving on and settling in
Thursday Thirteen
Putting one foot in front of the other
They've been married a WEEK!
Despite the unsold house, petty theft, potty train...
An Open Letter
Beautiful
Well, DUH....
Happiness Is...

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: