Thursday, June 21, 2007
Happy First Day of Summer!
Thirteen things to SMILE about:
1. Today is the Princess Piggy's seventh birthday. Her sunshine (and storms!) add so much to our family. We're blessed to have her.
2. In honor of the princess, we tried out this yummy new recipe for breakfast.
3. We really like little guy's new speech therapist. Finally, someone who seems to really have a grasp on what's going on with his processing and pronunciation!
4. My mom and sister are coming this weekend to help me throw PP's party. It was a tough choice, but Strawberry Shortcake was the winner this year. Aunt Sarah will be baking the cake, strawberry and pink, of course.
5. I'm so proud of my oldest daughter. She volunteered at the local VBS that the middle two children were attending. She got the decidedly unglamorous job of nursery assistant. It's not what she hoped to be doing, but she's faithfully served there all week.
6. I'm proud of my oldest son, too. The VBS offering was twofold this year--socks/hats for a shelter and money for mission-trip Bibles. I told him that I'd take care of the socks, but the offering was up to him. He dipped deep into his piggy bank, and two lives will be enriched by the Word thanks to him. God loves a cheerful giver, and so does this mommy.
7. I got brave this week and went out in public without a hat or scarf. The looks haven't been too weird (grin). I guess boot-camp crew cuts are hot this summer.
8. My dh's birthday is tomorrow. I could write a slew of TTs on the gift he is to me and to our family.
9. My aunt and uncle in LA sent this to the kids in the mail yesterday. Let the summer fun begin!
10. The contract with our relocation agency appointed realtor expired last Wednesday. We did NOT want to renew her contract, nor did we want to go with another "unknown". The relo. company graciously allowed us list the house with people we trust and still maintain our relocation benefits. Keep the prayers for a buyer coming.
11. My sweet friend Lynda sent me chocolates as a symbol of "sweet news" that she's praying for at my upcoming check-up. Lynda, the prayers are even sweeter than the chocolates (or you!). Consider yourself (and Fred and Joseph) cyber-hugged.
12. Steve and Laurie are celebrating their anniversary today. Congratulations and we love you.
13. Julie in NC shares my dh's birthday...have a great one Jules.

  posted at 1:40 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

What a GREAT post!

I told you how beautiful you were bald! You are even cuter fuzzy! :)

Love,

Dad

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Please give your Princess a BIG hug from us. I sure hope she has a wonderful birthday party this weekend. We are still praying for the house to sell.

Blessings to all of you!! (And happy birthday tomorrow to your DH!)

:-) Susan

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings Heather! Wish David a happy birthday from me too! Also, your fil left a cute comment on my blog about the Missippi Mud cake. Let him know that when we are there next summer for my high school reunion, that i'll make him a cake. : )
Happy Day!
Julie

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Mary Jo said...

Praying for your house to sell quickly. And hooray for you for going out in public without a head covering! ;o) I bet you looked GREAT!

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Heather:

I awarded you a Rockin' Girl Blogger award today. Hop on over for the rules.

Have a great week.

:-) Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Heather


I'm a work in progress, a stay at home mom of four, a beloved daughter of the King.

My Complete Profile


Blogroll
Susan
Sally
Rebekah
Laurie
Amy W
Amy R
Julie D
Carla
Kirstin
Niki
Mary
Katy
Mike
Heather
Arizona Christian Worldview Institute
Every Square Inch Blog
My Publisher!
My Book!!

Recent Entries
You know it's summer when...
Very early on on my mommy career, I remember seein...
Trying to beat the Bloggity blahs
My sister "in love" (like that one, Dad?), Susan, ...
Warning: Shameless plug ahead!
My friend Jess, wrote me the sweetest letter today...
Baby Steps
Watch this space...
If you can't say something nice...
It is finished

Archives
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by: